2021 Boekenhoutskloof, Syrah, Swartland

Colour: Red
Vintage: 2021
Region: Coastal Region, Swartland
97 TA
94+/95 BI
93+ NM
None
None
https://cdn.bordeauxindex.com/wine_image_coming_soon.png

2021 Boekenhoutskloof, Syrah, Swartland

TA
£170 6 pack case(s) available

2021 Boekenhoutskloof, Syrah, Swartland

Size
Cs (12)
Cs (6)
Cs (3)
Loose
Price
Per
Region: Coastal Region
97 TA
BTL
0
10
0
0
£170
6
 
CONDITION
STATUS
ETA
Our ETA dates are a guide and are subject to change. If you require more information on an ETA time please call UK +44 (0) 20 7269 0703 or alternatively email [email protected].
YOU BUY
Case (6 x 75cl) LIVETRADE
CONDITION
Original Case
STATUS
In-Bond
ETA
Our ETA dates are a guide and are subject to change. If you require more information on an ETA time please call UK +44 (0) 20 7269 0703 or alternatively email [email protected].
In Stock
LIVETRADE
You buy
£223.20
10 Case(s) Available

2021 Boekenhoutskloof, Syrah, Swartland

TA
£170 6 pack case(s) available

2021 Boekenhoutskloof, Syrah, Swartland

Size
Cs (12)
Cs (6)
Cs (3)
Loose
Price
Per
Region: Coastal Region
97 TA
BTL
0
10
0
0
£170
6
 
CONDITION
STATUS
ETA
Our ETA dates are a guide and are subject to change. If you require more information on an ETA time please call UK +44 (0) 20 7269 0703 or alternatively email [email protected].
YOU BUY
Case (6 x 75cl) LIVETRADE
CONDITION
Original Case
STATUS
In-Bond
ETA
Our ETA dates are a guide and are subject to change. If you require more information on an ETA time please call UK +44 (0) 20 7269 0703 or alternatively email [email protected].
In Stock
LIVETRADE
You buy
£170.00
10 Case(s) Available

Tasting Notes and Scores

97 TA

Given that 90% of its raw material comes from Porseleinberg - the other 10% comes from Boekenhoutskloof's Goldmine property - it's no surprise that this is such an impressive Syrah. Fermented with 65% whole bunches, it combines fynbos, lavender and Asian spice aromas with a palate of white pepper, barbecued meat, oregano and blackberry framed by sappy, granular tannins. World class. 2025-35

Tim Atkin

94+/95 BI

Delicate aromas of dried rose petals, white/pink peppercorns as well as black pepper, and salami. Tight core of mineral (stone) and blueberry fruit on the palate framed by fine grainy, sapid tannins. No shortage of fruit ripeness but the cool vintage expresses itself in a Boekenhoutskloof Syrah that has greater tension and restraint than usual, certainly than the previous three vintages. The finish is slatey/salty with a lingering intensity. While still very different to Porseleinberg, and not as sinewy, this is a rendition that shows more in common with Porseleinberg than usual (and indeed is made from a higher proportion of Porseleinberg fruit). 2026-50. 95pts Victoria Mason, Bordeaux Index

A little restrained a first, this reveals black pepper, black tea leaves, peppered beef, a little fresh earth and bay leaf. There’s also a subtle floral element that develops too with some crushed violets, but also fresh raspberry, cherry, and hedgerow fruit. There is a lovely fleshy plum and black cherry element on the palate. Fleshy feel that subtly grips round the palate, to give a little black olive tapenade complexity. Bitter herbs and some liquorice root on the finish. 94+pts Robert Mathias, Bordeaux Index

Bordeaux Index

93+ NM

The 2021 Syrah was picked later than the 2020. It contains more whole bunches than prior vintages (65%) and matured for 18 months, 90% in Stockinger foudre and Stockinger demi-muids. This is quite concentrated on the nose with dark berry fruit, bay leaf and white pepper, perhaps less floral than some of its peers. The aromatics feel tightly coiled at the moment. The palate is smooth and harmonious on the entry, with a fine structure. It is compact at the moment with cracked black and white pepper and garrigues notes flourishing toward the persistent finish. Much more backward than expected, I would cellar this for three to five years before cracking open as it's a serious Syrah. 2027-48

Neal Martin

Knowledge

is Everything

Want To

get In Touch

Please contact the LiveTrade team today for more information or to book a demo.

Contact us